Effective Date: January 15, 2021
The Policy describes the types of information we may collect from users of the Platform and Services, how we may use that information, and with whom we may share that information. We also explain the security measures we implement to safeguard the information and tell you how to contact us if you have any questions or concerns about this Policy.
By visiting the Platform, registering an account on the Platform, or using any of our Services, you acknowledge your information will be handled as described in this Policy and consent to such use. Your use of the Platform and Services is subject to this Policy and our Terms of Service. All terms not defined herein have the meanings set forth in our Terms of Service.
Information We Collect
When you use the Platform or Services, we may collect the information set forth below. If you do not agree to our collection of this information, you are not permitted to use the Platform or Services.
Information Provided to Us
We may collect certain categories of information directly from you, from another party related to your transaction, or from third parties you authorize to provide us information about you. The information we collect may include, without limitation, the following:
- Personal identifiers, such as full name, postal address, email address, phone number, online usernames and passwords, social security number, driver's license number, or other similar identifiers.
- Commercial information, such as transactional data or personal property records.
- Professional identifiers, such as current employer, employment history, educational records, title agent license, lender license, notary license, broker license or identification, certifications, qualifications, legal eligibility status, or other state regulatory identifiers.
- Documents and other information related to residential mortgage or other financial transactions.Insurance information.
- Escrow account, payment information, and transaction history.
- Other personal or business information you or others may upload or otherwise provide us via the Platform in connection with residential mortgage or other financial transactions.
Information Collected Automatically
We may collect Platform logs and information related to users' online sessions automatically. This information includes, but is not limited to, information related to Platform visits, account creation, account sign ins, actions taken, documents uploaded, number of clicks, and page views. We may also collect certain information from your browser known as "Cookies," "Web Beacons," or "Pixel Tags." The information we collect in this manner may include, but is not limited to, IP address, browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, or referring URLs. Some web browsers may have optional functionality to allow you to send Do Not Track ("DNT") signals, however, our Platform is not currently configured to recognize or respond to DNT signals.
How We Use Information
We and our service providers may use the information we collect from and about you for the following purposes:
- To create and manage your account, and to communicate with you about the Services.
- To provide the Services and maintain the Platform.
- To process documents and respond to your requests.
- To respond to your inquiries about the Platform and our Services.
- To verify user identities or professional qualifications.
- To protect against identity theft, fraud, or other criminal activity.
- Other activities necessary to support the Platform and provide the Services, including research and analytics to improve the delivery and performance of our products and services.
- To comply with applicable legal requirements.
Information We Share
Our Affiliates and Third Parties. We do not sell your information to any third parties. We do not use any of your information for third-party marketing or advertising purposes, nor do we participate in any advertising networks. We do, however, share information with our affiliates, third-party service providers, and vendors in connection with our provision of the Services. We may also, as necessary in response to legal process or regulatory inquiry, disclose information in order to comply with the law, legal proceeding, court order, or subpoena.
Authorized or Designated Parties. We may share, or otherwise permit for viewing, information we collect about you with authorized or designated third parties, which may include your title agent, lender, notary, applicant or co-applicant, counterparty, signers, or other users affiliated with your account, as applicable.
How We Protect Your Information
Your privacy and the protection of your information is important to us. In order to safeguard your information, we maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful, and unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use. However, by using the Platform or Services, you acknowledge and agree that we make no guarantees, representations, or warranties with respect to the security of any transmitted information to, on, or through the Platform.
Data Retention Practices
We retain personal information for no longer than necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and used, as described in this Policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted under applicable law. The length of time for which we retain information depends on the type of information and the purposes for which we collected and use it.
Attn: Consumer Privacy Support
222 S Mill Ave, Suite 800
Tempe, AZ 85281
Please understand, however, that if you send us a request relating to your personal information, we are legally obligated to verify your identity before we can reply to your request. In order to do so, we may ask for certain documentation verifying your identity, which we will delete or destroy after verification.